Veneers – Hillsboro, OR
The One-Stop-Shop of
Many people don’t just have one type of smile imperfection that they want to get fixed when they come to us for a cosmetic consultation. If you have dental discoloration, damaged teeth, or any other issues, you may benefit the most from veneers in Hillsboro. Instead of needing to invest in multiple different treatments to fix these issues, you can just get one! To learn more about porcelain veneers or find out if they’re the right choice for you, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wolfe!
Why Choose Wolfe Dental for Veneers?
Fix Several Different
Types of Flaws at Once
What are Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, durable shells that are custom-crafted to cover the visible surface of individual teeth. That means that whether you just have one damaged or discolored tooth or several, you’d still be a good candidate for this procedure. Once they’re cemented to your natural, prepared teeth, they’ll reveal a completed, bright, and flawless smile. Although your veneers themselves can’t get cavities, your teeth underneath them still can, so it’s important to continue keeping up with your oral hygiene routine to make sure they last.
Patients who get porcelain veneers will be able to enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Veneers can boost your confidence and help you feel more comfortable interacting with others.
- Veneers are a versatile cosmetic procedure that can fix several imperfections at once.
- Each veneer is made from stain-resistant dental porcelain.
- Dental porcelain can be custom color-matched to your enamel, making them indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- With regular maintenance, veneers can last for 15 or more years.
- Veneers are easy to maintain.
To learn whether you’re a great candidate for porcelain veneers, it’s a good idea to schedule a consultation with Dr. Wolfe. We may suggest this treatment for you if you face any of these cosmetic flaws:
- Severely stained teeth
- Minor dental damage
- Gaps between teeth
- Several different cosmetic issues
It’s also important that you have good overall health and are dedicated to routine brushing and flossing as well as visiting us every six months for a checkup and cleaning. This way, we can make sure that your teeth and gums are healthy, because they support your veneers.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
If you have one or more dental imperfections in your smile, then you can be sure to effectively cover them up with veneers. While this treatment comes with numerous benefits to enjoy, you’re probably wondering what to expect from the overall cost. After all, you shouldn’t have to break the bank just to achieve the dream smile you’ve always wanted. Fortunately, our team at Wolfe Dental is proud to walk you through essential information about the cost of veneers in Hillsboro, such as how they measure up to other cosmetic options and ways to make the price more manageable!
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What’s Best For You?
- Invisalign – With comfortable clear aligners, you can effectively achieve a straighter and healthier smile. While this treatment can perfectly align your bite, it will take around 12 to 18 months, whereas veneers can correct this issue in a couple of visits. Invisalign also won’t be able to change the shape, size, or color of your teeth.
- Cosmetic Bonding – By using the same material as tooth-colored fillings, we can rebuild any affected pearly whites from minor dental flaws. These may include chipped, cracked, gapped, or stained teeth, and the treatment is less expensive than veneers. However, you’ll likely need to receive touchups after several years, and your cosmetic bonding will only address minor issues. Veneers can conceal larger imperfections and can last 20+ years with proper care!
- Metal-Free Crowns – These all-ceramic dental crowns cover the entire top side of affected teeth. They can be used to protect and strengthen your pearly whites as well as redesign their shape, size, and color. Though they may be covered by dental insurance, you’ll require more tooth alteration than with veneers.
- Veneers – Although these thin porcelain shells do come at a higher initial cost, they provide the most comprehensive results for improving your smile. Not only can they address multiple dental flaws simultaneously, but they’re also highly resistant to staining and provide a near-permanent whitening solution. In just a couple of appointments, you can achieve a completely new smile that you can enjoy for years to come!
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Much like other cosmetic dental treatments, veneers aren’t typically covered by dental insurance, as they’re considered “elective” procedures. Still, this doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be left entirely on your own. Our team is proud to offer alternative financing through CareCredit—a third-party financier that can help break up the cost of veneers into monthly installments. Many of their options also come with little to no interest! We can also extend our Wolfe Dental Membership Plan which covers your basic dental treatments and allows discounts on all other services, reducing your out-of-pocket expenses significantly. Feel free to reach out to us if you’re interested in these options, and we’ll be glad to see if you qualify!
Veneers in Hillsboro are truly the one-stop shop of cosmetic treatments. However, it’s natural to have some questions before you feel confident in choosing them. While we’ll be happy to go over all the information you’ll need during your consultation, we’ve gathered some of the most common questions we get about this popular service below for your convenience. If you don’t see the answers you’re looking for or if you’re ready to get started, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
How Long Does It Take to Get Veneers?
In most cases, it takes two quick and easy appointments to get veneers. During your first visit, we’ll prepare your teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel and lightly etching the surface. Then, we’ll take impressions of the area that will be used to create your veneers and place temporary ones on your prepared teeth. In about two weeks, you’ll return to our office to have them removed and replaced with your brand-new, completely custom permanent veneers.
Do Veneers Feel Like Real Teeth?
The dental porcelain our veneers are crafted from is very smooth and won’t irritate your gums or other soft tissues in your mouth. Removing a thin layer of enamel before placing your veneers ensures that they lay flush with the rest of your smile and look completely natural. While some minor tooth sensitivity is normal for a day or so after your treatment, our patients are happy to report that their veneers feel completely natural inside their mouth, to the point where they don’t notice them at all while eating, drinking, or talking.
Are Veneers Permanent?
When considering veneers, it’s important to keep in mind that the process is irreversible. Enamel does not grow back on its own, so the prepared teeth will always need to be protected with a veneer. Thankfully, you can easily expect your veneers to stay in place for many years to come! Most veneers last 15 years or more before needing to be replaced.
How Many Veneers Will I Need?
Each veneer is custom-made to fit over the surface of one tooth, so how many you need depends on how many teeth you’d like to improve. While you could potentially get a single veneer on one imperfect tooth, we usually recommend getting an even number of veneers. Getting veneers on the front two, four, six, or eight teeth typically offers the most seamless results.
How Can I Make Veneers More Affordable?
When compared to other cosmetic treatments, veneers fall on the expensive side. Since they are not usually covered by insurance, many patients wonder if there is a way to make paying for veneers in Hillsboro more affordable. At Wolfe Dental, we want to make it as easy as possible for our patients to achieve the beautiful smile they deserve, so we’ll be happy to review all your payment options. This could include financing through CareCredit, which is a third-party company that offers low- to no-interest payment plans. These will help you break up the cost of your treatment so you can pay for it over the course of several months to a year and fit it into your budget.