Tooth Extractions – Hillsboro, OR
Building a Smile with
a Healthy Foundation
At Wolfe Dental Hillsboro, we understand that there’s no substitution quite like your natural pearly whites, which is why we always try to preserve them whenever possible. However, in some situations that involve severely decayed and damaged teeth, a tooth extraction in Hillsboro may be the only way that we can stop a problem from spreading and causing additional tooth loss. Fortunately, we offer several tooth replacement solutions to rebuild your smile to be healthier than before!
Why Choose Wolfe Dental Hillsboro for Tooth Extractions?
Dental Implant Procedures
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
There are a few reasons why we may suggest removing a tooth. Some of these include:
- It’s impacted below the surface of the gums and could become infected.
- Gum disease has caused your gums to recede resulting in bone deterioration, causing your tooth to become loose.
- Severe dental damage has impacted your tooth beyond repair.
- You need orthodontic treatment, but your teeth are overcrowded.
- A root canal wasn’t able to treat an infected tooth.
How Do Tooth Extractions Work?
We begin tooth extractions by administering local anesthesia in the affected area. Once we’ve confirmed that you’re completely numb, we’ll use an elevator to gently lift the tooth free of its socket. Then, using a pair of dental forceps, we’ll gently wiggle it out of its socket, breaking it free of any connecting tissues. Finally, we’ll patch up the area applying a piece of sterile gauze. This will help a blood clot form and allow the extraction site to safely heal.