Invisalign®– Hillsboro, OR
Invisalign Clear Braces FOR TEENS & ADULTS
Whether you’re a teenager or an adult, taking care of orthodontic problems like crowded, crooked, gapped, and misaligned teeth are important. They don’t just impact your self-confidence, but they can also be detrimental for your oral health by providing additional nooks and crannies in your mouth that make it harder to clear away plaque and food debris. At Wolfe Dental Hillsboro, we offer Invisalign in Hillsboro, OR, a discreet orthodontic treatment for teens and adults, to gently shift your teeth into alignment and improve the appearance and health of your grin. Get in touch with our team to get started today!
Why Choose Wolfe Dental Hillsboro for Invisalign?
- Effective & Trusted Dental Team
- Completely Customized Treatment Plans
- We Accept Dental Insurance
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign in Hillsboro is an orthodontic treatment that’s perfect for patients who don’t want their appearance to be bogged down by metal brackets and wires. It uses custom-crafted, clear aligners to gently and strategically shift your teeth into their ideal positions, addressing crowding, bite problems, and other common orthodontic issues. Instead of needing to come in to have your appliance tightened, all you’ll need to do is advance to your next set of aligners every two weeks until your treatment is complete.
Who Can Invisalign Help?
While crooked teeth are one of the most common reasons patients undergo Invisalign, it isn’t the only orthodontic issue that qualifies someone for the process. This treatment can also be effective for those struggling with bite issues, such as an overbite and underbite. Your dentist will have to first evaluate your smile to determine the exact method to correct it. You’ll also need to be committed to wearing your aligners for 20-22 hours every day, which is essential for making the proper adjustments. Here are the common orthodontic problems Invisalign can help treat.
Do your teeth overlap? The unique crevices this creates leave you more vulnerable to dental problems, like cavities and gum disease. Not to mention the toll they take on the appearance of your smile. Fortunately, Invisalign clear aligners can gradually shift your teeth into a healthier, more aesthetically pleasing position.
Gaps Between Teeth
Gapped teeth are another orthodontic issue that can negatively affect the look and function of your smile. The good news is that our skilled dentist in Hillsboro can craft a custom treatment plan to move your teeth into their properly aligned positions with Invisalign! That way, you can discreetly get the healthy, happy smile you deserve.
Also known as an overjet, an overbite is when your upper arch of teeth protrudes too far over the lower set. This can lead to issues like trouble speaking, uneven dental wear, and even jaw pain, as your bite won’t be properly aligned for chewing effectively. By getting Invisalign, you can improve the functionality and comfort of your smile in the long run.
This is the opposite of an overbite, as the lower arch juts further out from the upper one. This can be caused by factors like jaw injuries, childhood habits, and genetics. If left unchecked, you can end up experiencing problems like mouth breathing, sleep apnea, and difficulty chewing and/or speaking. Invisalign can help gradually adjust your bite so that you can enjoy a more functional and healthier smile.
This orthodontics issue involves some of the lower teeth being positioned slightly in front of the upper teeth, which can also be due to genetics as well as premature loss of baby teeth and oral habits. While Invisalign may be able to straighten the teeth, we’ll likely have to use additional accessories if your jawbone development is involved. If left unaddressed for too long, a crossbite can result in long-term issues, such as an increased risk of tooth decay, headaches, gum disease, jaw discomfort, and lower self-confidence.
Whenever the top and bottom teeth aren’t able to close when biting down, this is known as an open bite. This can occur when there’s insufficient bone development or due to childhood habits, such as thumb-sucking. By closing your bite with Invisalign and additional accessories, you can essentially avoid problems like increased enamel wear on your molars and difficulty with pronunciation.
Living with Invisalign
Have you decided to straighten your teeth with Invisalign? Congratulations! Although this discreet orthodontic treatment is relatively hassle-free, it can be helpful to know what to expect before your first set of aligners arrives. Don’t worry – we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on everything from when you can remove your trays to how to clean them properly. Plus, we’re here to answer any questions you have along the way.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has been one of the most sought-after treatments for more than two decades now, and it’s not hard to see why! This virtually undetectable teeth-straightening service offers a variety of quality-of-life benefits that you simply can’t get with other orthodontic options. For many patients, Invisalign is the optimal way to achieve the straighter, healthier smile they’ve always wanted! Read on as we go over a few of the most common reasons why our patients love Invisalign
- No dietary restrictions: You can continue to eat all your favorite foods during your Invisalign treatment. Just take your aligners out, enjoy your meal, then brush your teeth before popping them back in.
- Hassle-free dental care: It’s no secret that brushing and flossing with traditional braces can be difficult. With Invisalign, you can take your aligners out and care for your smile just like you always have, dramatically lowering your risk of cavities and tooth discoloration.
- Play sports & instruments without issue: Invisalign aligners are designed to blend into your lifestyle, not impede it! If you play sports or a woodwind or brass instrument, just take your aligners out beforehand to make it easier.
Invisible, Removable, & Reliable
- Virtually invisible orthodontics: When worn, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible to anyone who isn’t looking for them. No metal wires or brackets will distract from your smile!
- Vastly improved comfort: Traditional metal braces are notorious for their abrasive brackets that cause sores and irritation on the inside of the mouth. Alternatively, Invisalign aligners are made from a single piece of smooth, biocompatible plastic, which glides comfortably past your lips, cheeks, and tongue for a much more comfortable experience.
- Prevent uncomfortable future complications: Even if your misaligned bite or teeth aren’t bothering you right now, they can eventually lead to serious issues. You’ll be at a higher risk of chipping or cracking your teeth, developing cavities or gum disease, and will be at-risk of jaw issues like TMJ dysfunction as well. Thankfully, Invisalign can address mild to moderate orthodontic issues in an easy and convenient way so you can avoid these issues altogether.
Fast Results You Can Count on
- Faster treatment time on average: An orthodontic treatment with metal braces can take anywhere from 1-3 years to finish. However, the average treatment time for Invisalign is only 12-18 months, which is significantly faster!
- Fewer in-office visits: Invisalign is a highly precise treatment that uses technology to plan out the entire process from start to finish. Not only does this mean they’re highly predictable, but they also require fewer checkups. With metal braces, you’ll need to visit your orthodontist or dentist regularly to have your wires tightened and progress monitored. Invisalign requires fewer checkups that are faster than checkups for traditional braces.
- Potential for lifetime results: Invisalign can straighten your teeth for a lifetime! However, to ensure the longevity of your results, you’ll need to follow our post-treatment instructions on how often to wear your retainer.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
Are you curious about the cost of Invisalign in Hillsboro? You’re in the right place! At Wolfe Dental Hillsboro, we are committed to making our quality services as affordable as possible. Because no two smiles are the same, it’s difficult to provide a precise cost estimate for your Invisalign. If you have any specific concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly team members. Until then, we’ve included some of the factors that influence your treatment price below!
Factors That Affect the Cost of Invisalign
The price of your Invisalign treatment will vary based numerous factors, including:
- Number of arches: Do you need to straighten one arch or both? While it’s usually both, only needing Invisalign for one arch will decrease your overall treatment cost.
- Complexity: How complex are the tooth movements that you need? You may need more aligners or a longer treatment, which will increase cost. For example, a single gap will usually cost less to straighten compared to severely misaligned or crooked teeth.
- Time: The length of the proposed treatment will also impact your cost. A longer treatment time with Invisalign will require more aligners, leading to a higher price.
Invisalign VS DIY Aligners: Which Costs More?
If you’re looking for a quick fix at a low cost, DIY Aligners are the easy choice. Invisalign usually costs between $3,000 and $8,000, while DIY Aligners are usually under $2,000. However, just because it’s the cheapest choice, doesn’t make it the best one. DIY Aligners are a “do it yourself” aligner kit with little to no supervision. Many things can go wrong during the treatment, which will require time and money spent on a professional dentist anyway.
Thankfully, you can avoid serious and costly risks with Invisalign. During the entire process, Dr. Wolfe will be with you every step of the way, making any adjustments necessary. This personalized attention is something that is irreplaceable when it comes to your oral health. Our Invisalign is safe, effective, and comfortable thanks to our precise and smooth impressions. If you want to go into your orthodontic treatment with peace of mind, then Invisalign in Hillsboro is the clear choice!
Does Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Only some dental insurance plans cover orthodontics, however Invisalign is usually left out. Not always though, which is why it’s a good idea to contact your insurance provider. We are more than happy to communicate directly with your insurance to maximize any benefits you have. If you have an FSA, you may be able to use your account to help cover the cost.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
As a part of our commitment to affordable dentistry, we offer complimentary Invisalign consultations as well as $500 off your treatment! Plus, we accept alternative financing through CareCredit, allowing you to choose a low-to-no interest plan that works best for your budget. Please don’t hesitate to contact our office today to schedule a consultation. We can’t wait to help you enjoy a beautiful, healthy, and straight set of teeth!
Working towards a straighter smile no longer means sporting a mouthful of metal brackets and wires. Invisalign has all sorts of benefits and can help you achieve perfectly aligned teeth. However, you want to be well informed about the treatment before you commit. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked about Invisalign. If you don’t see the information you’re looking for, just give us a call! We’d be happy to answer your questions and get you started with an initial consultation.
Does Invisalign Hurt?
Invisalign isn’t a painful treatment. Its smooth plastic design makes it one of the most comfortable orthodontic treatments available. When you first get Invisalign, there is an adjustment period where you may experience slight soreness or discomfort, but this will go away as you get used to the treatment. Whenever you switch to a new set of aligners, you may feel a small amount of pressure, but this just means that your treatment is working. To manage any discomfort that you feel with Invisalign, try taking over-the-counted pain relievers as directed or using a cold compress.
Can You Eat with Invisalign?
One of the great things about Invisalign is that your aligners are completely removable, so you can taken them out when it is time to eat. Eating while wearing your aligners can put unnecessary pressure on the teeth and lead to cracks and stains. The only thing that you should be consuming while wearing your aligners is water. If you want to have anything else, it’s a good idea to store them in their case until after you’re done.
How Is Invisalign Made?
The Invisalign process requires a series of aligners that is made of a smooth, clear plastic. The set of aligners is manufactured by an advanced 3D printing process before getting shipped to your dentist’s office. Invisalign is made with the digital impressions that are taken by your dentist. The manufacturing process for aligners can take about 3 to 4 weeks. You will be notified by your dentist when your Invisalign is ready.
Can You Get Invisalign After Braces?
If your teeth have grown crooked or misaligned years after you completed orthodontic treatment with traditional braces, Invisalign is usually able to help. It all depends on your specific needs. However, braces are better able to correct more severe overbites, underbites, and crossbites than Invisalign can, so not everyone is a candidate for the treatment. During your initial consultation, it will be determined whether or not Invisalign is the best option for you.