CEREC® Same-Day Crowns – Hillsboro, OR
Welcoming to Modern
& Convenient Dentistry
At Wolfe Dental, our dedication to convenient dentistry is made possible by our modern practice. We use the latest technology, like our CEREC system, to ensure that you receive treatments that aren’t just top-notch quality, but also conveniently incorporated into your everyday schedule and life. Traditionally, the process of getting a crown takes place over the course of multiple appointments and several weeks. Using our in-office milling machine and CAD/CAM technology, we’re able to make and place a restoration in a single visit that lasts less than two hours.
Why Choose Wolfe Dental for CEREC® Same-Day Crowns?
No Need to Visit
Restorations with Digital Impression System
We are In-Network
What is CEREC®?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. Basically, it’s an entire system that allows us to make beautiful, custom-fitted porcelain crowns under our roof, eliminating the need to send off impressions to dental laboratories. From beginning to end, this process will be carefully handled by professionals who you trust and feel comfortable with, so you can make sure that you receive the best possible results.
How Does CEREC® Work?
The CEREC process can be broken down into six basic steps:
- Oral Examination: Before we craft a restoration for you, we want to make sure that you actually need one. In some cases, we may be able to repair broken or decayed teeth with more simple treatments, like dental bonding or a tooth-colored filling.
- Preparing the Tooth: Once you’ve agreed to move forward with your treatment, we’ll apply a local numbing agent to the area and remove a small portion of enamel. This will compensate for the thickness of the crown, allowing it to lay flush with your other teeth.
- Taking the Digital Impression: Using our iTero digital impression machine, we’ll take a detailed blueprint of your tooth.
- Making the Blueprint of the Crown: With CAD/CAM technology, we’re able to craft a 3D model of your porcelain crown that we can transfer to our milling machine.
- Milling the Porcelain Crown: After placing a solid block of porcelain into our milling machine and transferring the blueprint over, we’ll begin carving out your custom-fitted crown in our office.
- Placing the Crown: Finally, once the crown is made, we’ll make sure that it fits your tooth perfectly and cement it in place, providing you with long-lasting protection.
Candidates for CEREC® Restorations
Any patient who can improve their oral health with a custom-fitted bridge or crown would be a great candidate for CEREC same-day restorations. Patients who are concerned about the following will also make great candidates:
- Need to repair a tooth quickly because they have an upcoming trip or event
- Not enough time in their schedule to visit the dentist multiple times in a matter of a few weeks
- Dental phobia makes it difficult to visit the dentist
- Sensitive teeth or gag reflex makes the placement and removal of temporary restorations very uncomfortable
The Benefits of CEREC® Same-Day Restorations
CEREC same-day restorations offer a variety of surprising benefits. Because they make the process of repairing or replacing teeth so easy and hassle-free, many patients believe there’s a catch; however, that’s just not true. Each CEREC restoration is crafted with attention to detail and care, meaning that they last just as long and are just as durable as any crown or bridge that you would get from a dental laboratory. That means that in a fraction of the time, you can achieve similarly high-quality results as traditional restorative treatments.
Are CEREC® Restorations More Expensive?
In many cases, getting a CEREC restoration is comparable in price to receiving a traditional one. Today, most dental insurance providers are happy to cover the cost of dental restorations, regardless of the material or technology used to craft them. During your treatment planning portion of the process, we’ll discuss any additional fees or out-of-pocket costs that can apply if you choose CEREC same-day restorations, but for the most part, both traditional and CEREC crowns are similar in price.